Due to the nature of the need for clear skies, these events
will be last minute announcements, made 36-48 hours ahead of time
based on the weather data.
Information will be posted on the PED
Facebook page and also emailed to those who have requested to
be on the very special last minute mailing list.
If you'd like to be kept up to date, please drop me a message
and I'll add you to the list.
Various locations - normally within an hours drive
Please contact me via my contact
What will be covered
- Focusing when its very hard to see anything
in the viewfinder.
- Star trails
- Milky way (time of year and moonlight
permitting - a bright moon makes it much less
- Light Painting (depending on location -
we'll attempt to light up the forecast
subjects with light)
- ISS (should it be paying us a visit)
In addition if you have any specific questions, I'll be there to help throughout.
Recommended equipment (but not necessarily
- Digital camera (ideally SLR or mirrorless)
- A wide (ish) angle lens
- Extra camera batteries as some cameras tend to
eat batteries while doing long exposures.
- Appropriate clothing (it can get
surprisingly cold even during summers
- A tripod is essential for this PED
- A remote cable trigger will make things
- Torch - ideally with a red light option as
this helps with night vision.